Ginsburg & Misk

Ginsburg & Misk
Contact Us

Wills & EstatesGo Back



Transfer of your assets after death is governed either by your Will or by statute if you don't have a Will. To prevent the State from deciding how your property is disbursed upon your death, you need a Will.

A Will can be a very flexible document, disposing of your assets as you wish, setting up trusts to take care of family members after your death and to take advantage of any federal death tax exclusions or credits to which you may be entitled.

If there is no Will, the Estate may still need to be administered through the Surrogates Court. Either way, the attorneys at Ginsburg & Misk can assist you through the process.

The information you obtain at this site is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. Consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation. ©2012 by GINSBURG & MISK. All rights reserved.